At HPCO we strive to provide quality education and support as frequently as possible. Please see below for upcoming webinars. Click the title of the webinar you are interested in for more information and to register. If you have any questions regarding any of the webinars, please email Richard Nguyen at Richard.Nguyen@hpco.ca
This webinar is intended for all sectors of Hospice Palliative Care, including volunteers.
- Session 1: Introductory Session on Trauma and Palliative Care – November 4, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST
- Session 2: Palliative Care Trauma Work with Veterans – November 10, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST
- Session 3: Palliative Care Trauma Work with Refugees – November 17, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST
- Session 4: Palliative Care Trauma Work with First Nations – November 25, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST
- Session 5: Revisiting Lessons Learned from the HIV/AIDS Trauma and Striving to Have a Compassionate Trauma Informed Practice and Program – December 2, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST
Sessions on End of Life with Various Conditions – Partnership with Proresp
These webinars are intended for frontline health care/service providers.
- End of life with ALS and assisted non-invasive ventilation (Bilevel/BiPAP Therapy) – December 1, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- End of Life with Interstitial Lung Disease – December 3, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – December 8, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please email Nav Dhillon at Nav.Dhillon@hpco.ca to request access to the archived webinars.
|Improving Conversations & Documentation on Advance Care Planning, Goals of Care, and Consent||2019-02-27||$20|
|Informed Consent Using the Treatment of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)||2019-05-07||$20|
|Back to Basics Introducing the New Advance Care Planning Framework||2020-02-05||FREE|
|Navigating the World of Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations||2020-02-18||FREE|
|Primary Care Electronic Medical Record Tools for Advance Care Planning and Palliative Care||2020-03-12||FREE|
|Overview of Managing Common COVID-19 Respiratory Symptoms in Palliative Care and End of Life – A Primer for Front Line Staff||2020-06-04||$20|
|Approaches to Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations||2020-06-15||$30|
|Introduction to Health Care Consent, Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations||2020-07-23||$20|
|Compassionate Communities and Rapid Implementation, Compassionate Action||2020-08-04||$25|
|Supporting Caregivers: Why and How||2020-08-05||$25|
|Engaging Community on Conversations around Death and Dying||2020-08-06||$20|
|Collaborate, Listen and Respond – Early Learning from the Healthy End of Life Project (HELP) Ottawa in the Context of COVID-19||2020-08-11||$25|
|Utilizing the Art of Therapeutic Communication to Support Caregivers in Meaning Making||2020-08-12||$25|
|Exploring Language and Communication Techniques for Having Difficult or Stressful Conversations with Patients and Families||2020-08-13||$20|
|Achieving Great Community Care Together II; How Our Existing Hospital/Hospice Partnership Grew to Meet New Demands During COVID-19; Inspiring and Encouraging Staff, Clients & Volunteers to Join Forces in New Ways!||2020-08-18||$25|
|Sprinting Through the Marathon of COVID-19: Assessing and Dealing with Compassion Fatigue, Burnout and Secondary Trauma||2020-08-19||$25|
|Addressing Goals of Care and Health Care Consent in Urgent and Emergency Situations||2020-08-27||$28|
|Using a Guide and Communication Tips to lead Goals of Care and Other Serious Illness Conversations||2020-09-03||$28|
|The Pearls and Pitfalls of Person Centred Outcome Measures||2020-09-09||$30|
|Engaging Long Term Care in Advance Care Planning & Goals of Care Discussions||2020-09-10||$28|
|Approaches to Advance Care Planning, Goals of Care and Consent||2020-09-24||$28|
|Complex Medico-Legal Issues at End of Life||2020-10-06||FREE|
|When a Child’s Wish Should No Longer Be Kept a Secret: An Important Discussion Around Advance Care Planning in the Pediatric Community||2020-10-07||$28|
|The Role of the Board Through the Pandemic||2020-10-08||$45|
|Understanding the Uniqueness of Paediatric Palliative Care||2020-10-14||$28|
|Risk Management and the Board||2020-10-15||$45|
|Personal and Organizational Resilience for Hospice Palliative Care||2020-10-20||$30|
|Collaborative Governance – What it is and Why it is More Important Than Ever||2020-10-29||$45|
|Person Centred Decision Making: Long Term Care Perspective||2020-11-19||FREE|