At HPCO we strive to provide quality education and support as frequently as possible. Please see below for upcoming webinars. Click the title of the webinar you are interested in for more information and to register. If you have any questions regarding any of the webinars, please email Richard Nguyen at Richard.Nguyen@hpco.ca
Approaches to Health Care Consent, Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations – Four Part Webinar Series
It’s not too late to register for this 4 part webinar series! You still have the opportunity to join the 4th session live, and you will receive access to the first 3 archived session recordings! – September 24th, 2020.
This webinar is intended for Health care providers, social workers, LHIN workers, risk management professionals, ethicists, and hospital administration.
- October 6, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Presented by Jane E. Meadus, Barrister & Solicitor, Institutional Advocate at the Advocacy Centre for the Elderly, and Dr. Nadia Incardona, MD MHSc (Bioethics) C.C.F.P. Hospitalist and Emergency Physician, Michael Garron Hospital Toronto East Health Network
Paediatric Advance Care Planning and the Uniqueness of Paediatric Palliative Care (Two Part Webinar Series)
This webinar is intended for health care/service providers and hospice volunteers.
- October 7, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: When a Child’s Wish should no longer be kept a Secret: An important discussion around Advance Care Planning in the Pediatric Community, Presented by Carolyn Wilson, RN, BScN, MN & Amy Archer, RN, BScN, CHPCN(C)
- October 14, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Understanding the Uniqueness of Paediatric Palliative Care, Presented by Sandra Ross, RN, BA, CHPCN(C) & Carolyn Wilson, RN, BScN, MN
Please email Nav Dhillon at Nav.Dhillon@hpco.ca to request access to the archived webinars.
- Improving Conversations & Documentation on Advance Care Planning, Goals of Care, and Consent (Feb 27, 2019) Presented by Carol Sloan $20
- Informed Consent Using the Treatment of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (May 7, 2019) Presented by Liz Laird $20
- Back to Basics Introducing the New Advance Care Planning Framework (Feb 5, 2020) Presented by Dr. Nadia Incardona $20
- Navigating the World of Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations (Feb 18, 2020) Presented by Dr. Leah Steinberg $20
- Primary Care Electronic Medical Record Tools for Advance Care Planning and Palliative Care (Mar 12, 2020) Presented by Dr. Kevin Samson and Justine Wolting $20
- Overview of Managing Common COVID-19 Respiratory Symptoms in Palliative Care and End of Life – A Primer for Front Line Staff (June 4, 2020) Presented by Amy Archer, Kim Rogers, and Liz Laird $20
- Approaches to Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations (June 15, 2020) Presented by Dr. Leah Steinberg, Dr. Nadia Incardona, Dr. Jeff Myers $30
- Introduction to Health Care Consent, Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Conversations (July 23, 2020) Presented by Dr. Leah Steinberg $20
- Compassionate Communities and Rapid Implementation, Compassionate Action (Aug 4, 2020) Presented by Julie Darnay, Deborah Sattler $25
- Supporting Caregivers: Why and How (Aug 5, 2020) Presented by Jehanara Chagani $25
- Engaging Community on Conversations around Death and Dying (Aug 6, 2020) Presented by Mahoganie Hines, Shelley Wilson, Geoff Straw $20
- Collaborate, Listen and Respond – Early Learning from the Healthy End of Life Project (HELP) Ottawa in the Context of COVID-19 (Aug 11, 2020) Presented by Dr. Pamela Grassau, Emily Davison, Hayley Miloff $25
- Utilizing the Art of Therapeutic Communication to Support Caregivers in Meaning Making (Aug 12, 2020) Presented by Travis Amell $25
- Exploring Language and Communication Techniques for Having Difficult or Stressful Conversations with Patients and Families (Aug 13, 2020) Presented by Dr. Alyssa Boyd $20
- Achieving Great Community Care Together II; How Our Existing Hospital/Hospice Partnership Grew to Meet New Demands During COVID-19; Inspiring and Encouraging Staff, Clients & Volunteers to Join Forces in New Ways! presented by (Aug 18, 2020) Presented by Amanda Maragos $25
- Sprinting Through the Marathon of COVID-19: Assessing and Dealing with Compassion Fatigue, Burnout and Secondary Trauma (Aug 19, 2020) Presented by Eugene Dufour $25
- Addressing Goals of Care and Health Care Consent in Urgent and Emergency Situations (Aug 27, 2020) Presented by Dr. Nadia Incardona $28
- Using a Guide and Communication Tips to lead Goals of Care and Other Serious Illness Conversations (Sept 3, 2020) Presented by Dr. Warren Lewin, Dr. Katie Marchington $28
- The Pearls and Pitfalls of Person Centred Outcome Measures (Sept 9, 2020) Presented by Michelle Howard, Richard Sawatzky, Deborah Sattler, Amy Hsu, Kathryn Pfaff $30
- Engaging Long Term Care in Advance Care Planning & Goals of Care Discussions (Sept 10, 2020) Presented by Dr. Nadia Incardona $28
- Advance Care Planning & Goals of Care Discussions (Sept 24, 2020) Presented by Dr. Leah Steinberg $28
To access other resources relating to Advance Care Planning, Goals of care, Health Care Consent, please visit https://www.speakupontario.ca/.