While all of Hospice Palliative Care Ontario’s publications are targeted to hospice palliative care programs, much of the information will be helpful to other non-profit organizations or to individuals.
- Developing a Home Hospice Program: A Startup Manual: All the information necessary to initiate a community-based hospice program is outlined in this 323-page manual. Establishing the Need, Administration, and Client Care are some of the chapters. PDF document.
- Getting the Hospice Message Out: A Community Relations Manual: Concise directions for establishing a community relations program and building a productive relationship with the community. PDF document.
- How to Develop a Community Residential Hospice Handbook and Toolkit: The handbook is intended to stimulate thinking, guide planning and provide helpful hints based on the experience of existing and emerging residential hospices. The toolkit is a collection of sample tools, checklists and table of contents for policies and procedures shared by hospices to maximize best-practice sharing and avoid reinventing the wheel where possible. PDF documents or DVD with files.
- Volunteer Training Handbook, 2017: This handbook is divided into 15 modules of varying lengths which cover the required 30 hours of training for Ontario’s hospice palliative care visiting volunteers. For HPCO members only. PDF document.
- Hospice Volunteer Training Curriculum Guide for Facilitators, 2018: This guide contains a chapter for each of the 15 topics that are essential components of the HPCO Volunteer Training Curriculum. It is intended for Hospice staff and/or those responsible for the design and delivery of volunteer training. For HPCO members only. PDF document.
Publications Available for Instant Download
Hospice Palliative Care Systems Design Framework. A Knowledge Synthesis Report for developing regional system of hospice palliative care.
Strengthening Ontario’s End-of-Life Continuum: Advice Regarding the Role of Residential Hospices. The final report of the Residential Hospice Working Group, MOHLTC, March 2015
Environment Scan for Strengthening Residential Hospice Care in Ontario. A Report of the Residential Hospice Working Group, March 2015