Complicated Grief and Trauma – Skills Building Education
This series is now complete. However, you can still request access to the archived sessions below by emailing Nav Dhillon at email@example.com. There is a one time fee of $95 + HST required.
Eugene Dufour, BA, MDiv
Certified Compassion Fatigue Educator, Certified Bereavement Specialist
This ten session webinar series focused on COVID-19 related complicated and traumatic grief. The sessions provide practical models, assessment tools and practical ways to facilitate the work of complicated and traumatic grief within a trauma informed practice. Sessions include coping with suffering, spirituality and trauma, revisiting loss history and past traumas. Practical and supportive ways of working with complicated and traumatic grief are incorporated in each session. (English only)
Health Service Providers who have experience and training in providing grief counselling, therapy, or spiritual care who are seeking skills building and additional training on how to support families with complicated grief as a result of the environment created by COVID-19.
- Review of the Fight – Flight – Freeze – Fade mechanism.
- Review of Complicated and Traumatic Grief.
- Developing A Trauma Informed Practice, Team, and Environment.
- Review of Difficult Grief, Complex Grief, Prolonged Grief, Distorted Grief, Delayed Grief.
- Assessing Complicated and Traumatic Grief.
- Persistent Complex Bereavement Disorder DSM-5
- Defining suffering.
- Understanding Suffering
- Complicated and Traumatic Grief affects the Individual, their Identity and their World View.
- Walking with Suffering.
- Power of Presence
- Deep Listening Skills
- Spiritual Assessment Tools.
- Spirituality and Crisis Care.
- Working with the theme of Hope.
- The Tree Components of Spirituality: Connection – Compassion – Contribution or Service.
- Using the Window of Tolerance
- How to set up a Virtual Death Session
- Virtual Sessions
- Phone Sessions.
- Virtual Groups.
- Support between session.
- The Importance of “Telling The Story”.
- The RSVP Model
- Retreat and Reflect
- Safe and Secure
- Ventilate and Validate
- Plan and Prepare
- Do you need to eat – sleep – talk?
- How to Use The Six “R” Process When Addressing Complicated and Traumatic Grief.
- How to use the Four Tasks of Mourning When Addressing Complicated and Traumatic Grief.
- Using the PHQ – 9 while working with Complicated and Traumatic Grief.
- The Importance of Ritual
- Creating Meaningful Rituals.
- Deferred Funerals or Memorial Services.
- Assessing Compassion Fatigue, Burn Out and Compassion Satisfaction.
- Complicated and Traumatic Grief and the Health Care Provider
- Working with an Emotional Hurt – Coping with Triggers.
- What our Minds supress Our Bodies Express.
- Self Harm
- Time Off – Short Term – Long Term Disability
- Charting for Success and to Educate About Complicated and Traumatic Grief
- Working with the Wisdom of the Soul.
- Being a Soulful guide
- Instilling hope during the long work of complicated and traumatic grief.
- Being a Healing Presence.
- On going support, case review, training.