Compassionate Communities Conceptual Model
The conceptual model for our provincial level Compassionate Communities CoP is a combination of population health promotion (PHAC, 2012); the Ottawa Charter (WHO, 1986); the Chronic Disease Management Model (Group Health Research Institute 2003), and Accountable Communities for Health (Cantor 2015)
The purpose for this Community of Practice is to connect individuals in Ontario that are actively involved in a structured Compassionate Community project and offer an infrastructure to support these individuals in sharing knowledge and information.
Goals of the CoP
- To facilitate a forum for dialogue and exchange of information
- To share outcomes for comparable learning
- To grow leadership skills and capacity
- To provide opportunities to support individuals within the field
- To foster collaboration and innovation (i.e., technology; population-level risk screening)
- To create synergy and identify common projects
- To enhance capacity
- To cultivate best practices
- To develop as an active and engaged community of practice advancing the goals.