Hospice Palliative Care Ontario is a provincial association for hospices and palliative care providers, professionals, and volunteers throughout Ontario. We envision a future where every person and family in the province of Ontario can quickly and easily access the finest standard of hospice palliative care when required.
Our Purpose: We strive for a future where every person in Ontario has access to quality hospice palliative care.
Our Vision is to be the unified voice of collaborative, quality hospice palliative care in Ontario.
Our Mission is to provide leadership on behalf of our members by informing policy and promoting awareness, education, knowledge transfer and best practices in the pursuit of quality hospice palliative care in Ontario.
Our Core Values:
Courage: We make the best decisions not just the popular ones. We dare to go down new roads and challenge accepted wisdom. We place clear expectations on one another and promote change.
Integrity: We are professional and honest in our relationships. We honor our commitments. We hold ourselves accountable.
Respect: We value the diversity of our members and stakeholders, their opinions, experience, and contributions.
What We Do
- Encourage, develop, support, and provide leadership and guidance in the field of hospice palliative care in Ontario
- Promote the development and expansion of hospice palliative care services in Ontario
- Develop Standards for Hospice Services and accredit hospices
- Promote research in the field of hospice palliative care
- Promote education pertaining to hospice palliative care services for health professionals, volunteers and the general public
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) was formed in April 2011 when the memberships of The Hospice Association of Ontario (founded in 1989) and the Ontario Palliative Care Association (founded in 1981) voted to unify. The joining of the two associations was a significant achievement for hospice palliative care in Ontario, unifying the sector’s voice to strengthen hospice palliative care for the people of Ontario.